Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Twilightwolf90's Developer's Blog

Hello to those who read this blog.

If you saw my other blog, then you may be wondering why I created yet another one. The reason is that this one will be used for marking my development of programs and software that I either create or modify. This blog will have any freeware or shareware I release first.

I am a Senior in high school in Northern VA. I am skilled in programming on the Java platform. I am familar with HTML, XML (not DTDs though), Python, Actionscript 2.0 (3.0 is on my wishlist), and C++. (does sh count?)

I am using a Dell Studio 15 with x64 Jaunty (Ubuntu Linux) and Netbeans as my primary IDE. I am familar with Eclipse and Emacs as well.

Right now, I am programming for the Google Android platform. My current project, though stalled due to classwork, is an all-in-one adventure game suite. It would include a dice sim (D20 system), a counter app that can display multiple counters and save, and calculator (no, I am not going to reinvent the wheel... I am going to try using an Intent). My other project, also Android -based, is to write a fully functional text editor (possibly with syntax highlighting?). Combining it with ssh (i.e. ConnectBot) will let you remotely edit files on the go. Maybe I'll write an Android (yea... I know its javac/dalvik/apk etc.) web compiler that you can send your app to...

The possibilities are endless...

The only complete project that I really want to publish is my KidDesk application, but the GUI elements need refining. Not to mention that Java is a poor language for this kind of application. I will port this to Python and tk (or C++ and Qt) when I get the chance.

~twilightwolf90

No comments:

Post a Comment